I came away from the retreat with lots of ideas for my middle grade manuscript — more on that and the retreat in general throughout the week.
But also Wow on what I managed to accomplish last week. Even with my son home I wrote 6409 words although I had dropped my weekly goal to 3000. Having ten pieces due this Wednesday was enormously inspirational. Not that it was all work — we went to the Art Museum one day and flew kites another and played games and read and cooked. Fun!
If you are waiting for an e-mail from me, get a cup of coffee and a good book. I have deadlines. I came home to bucket load of e-mail. And a crisis. Technically, it isn’t my crisis, but some people are exceedingly generous. And don’t forget those deadlines.
Now to get back to work. Here are my goals for the week:
- Rewrite and turn in the CW article that is due Wednesday. Done!
- Do the last four activities, finish the write ups and do the photography. Also due Wednesday. Done!
- Start collecting interviews for my next CW assignment. In progress.
- Write one, maybe two new chapters for the middle grade. I want to get this draft done so that I can get started on the rewrite. Big changes are coming! Done!
- Rewrite the picture book that I had critiqued at the retreat. Done!
- 5 posts for One Writer’s Journey. Done!
- 2 posts/reviews for the Bookshelf. Done!
- 1 post for PrayPower. Done!
- 1 post for the Church blog. In progress.
- Brainstorm some new ideas.
- Brainstorm new ideas for Writer’s Digest.
- Finish how-to chapter. In progress.
- Clean up more in my office. This week I’ll deal with everything I brought home from the retreat. In progress.
- Work on a magazine piece for kids.
- Assess my year long goals.
I hope everyone is making headway in meeting their goals this week!