Last week, I managed to lay down some serious words — 7423 in all. Whew.
But this is going to be another big week. I need to get everything done for the conference (which is Saturday) and I want to finish this draft of my middle grade. Stephanie and I challenged each other to have a draft done by November. I knew I wouldn’t be able to get it done by November 1st, but I want it done by some time next week. Not that this is a good draft. If is very much a first draft — the rewrite is very different from the original. So there is lots of work to be done no matter when I “finish” this draft.
Here are my goals for the week:
- 5 posts for One Writer’s Journey. In progress.
- Post a review on the Bookshelf.
- 1 post for PrayPower. In progress.
- Write my posts for the Church blog. Done!
- Brainstorm some new writing ideas.
- Wrap up the draft of my middle grade. In progress.
Goals with Deadlines:
- Finalize brochure for a new business endeavor (more info later). Deadline: 11/5.
- Finish my conference talk. Written. Just need to run through it once. Deadline: 11/5.
- Critique mss for conference critiques. Deadline: 11/5. Done!
- Redo web site. Deadline: 11/5.
- Finish the synopsis for a project.
- Get the project (a young middle grade) out.
- Work on my agent research.
- Finish and submit my piece for the Muffin.
- Rough submissions for Blue Mountain cards.