I’m excited to be taking part in the blog tour for Save the Cat!®. My post doesn’t go up until 3/19 but I wanted to give all of you the chance to take advangate of the various blog posts and enter to win access to the new course, Cracking the Beat Sheet.
I’m really enjoying this class. My middle grade science fiction novel, Air Stream, is changing as I work through the lessons! The new ending? So much better than the original!
First, what is Save the Cat!®?
Save the Cat! provides writers the resources they need to develop their screenplays and novels based on a series of best-selling books, primarily written by Blake Snyder (1957- 2009). Blake’s method is based on 10 distinctive genres and his 15 story beats (the Blake Snyder Beat Sheet). Our books, workshops, story structure software, apps, and story coaching teach you everything you need to unlock the fundamentals and mechanics of plot and character transformation.
Find out more about Save the Cat! by visiting their webpage.
About the Save the Cat! Cracking the Beat Sheet Online Course
This course is designed for writers to turn their idea into a movie or novel. This learn-at-your-own-pace online class helps you develop the 15 key “beats” or “plot points” of your story. Strung together, in the right order, these 15 beats make up the blueprint to a successful screenplay or novel.
You’ll Turn an Idea into a Story by Learning to…
• Create a solid beat sheet that will serve as the road map, and “backbone” of your story
• Identify and know the key components of your story genre
• Learn the clichés of your genre so that you can break them like an artist
• Plot your hero’s journey and “transformation”
• Troubleshoot your story idea for viability
• Write a compelling logline or elevator pitch
This Course Is for Those Who…
• Want to troubleshoot an existing story
• Have so many great ideas and struggle to choose “the one”
• Are ready to write but not sure how to start
• Are determined to finish a half-written story
• Want to learn
This Course Includes…
• Over 3 hours and 17 minutes of original video production
• 9 downloadable worksheets
• 3 reading assignments (book not included)
• 4 homework assignments
Course Value: $59
Find out more information about the Save the Cat! Cracking the Beat Sheet Online Course by visiting https://www.savethecatcourses.com/courses/cracking-the-beat-sheet.
In addition to the course there are Story Cards, Beat Cards. and Scene Cards. I haven’t worked with those but you can find out more about them at the Muffin, the blog for Women on Writing. Click here to find out more. And visit the other stops on the tour (see below) to connect with a great group of writers.