Hi Everyone. I hope you’ll forgive the super-short post today but I have a book due and everyone in the household has been sick. Everyone. We are on the mend but I’ve got to finish proofing my manuscript.
It is time to cast your 2nd Round vote for the Crystal Kite award. If you are an SCBWI member, the Crystal Kites are voted on by your peers, fellow authors and illustrators. There is an award for each of the 15 SCBWI regional divisions worldwide. Round 2 voting ends April 30.
- To vote, go to the SCBWI site and log in. You have to be logged in so this step is important.
- Click “My Home” at the top right corner of your screen.
- Scroll to the bottom of the left hand menu and click on “Vote in the Crystal Kite Awards.”
- This will automatically take you to the correct region. I’m in Kansas-Missouri which is part of the Mid-South. You can scroll down the page and click on “More Info” to find out additional information on any given book. You can sort the books by Title, Author Name, or Illustrator Name.
- Once you have decided which book you want to vote for, click on the “Vote For This Book” button for the book you have chosen. You will be asked to confirm your vote.
That’s all there is to it. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to go decide which book to vote for and it is not going to be easy.