Tiger Beat needs freelancers who love writing about pop culture for teens. Not sure if this market is right for you? Here are the questions that were posted:
- Can you rattle off the monikers of all four members of 5SOS?
- Do you know the ship name of bandmate beaus Rydel Lynch and Ratliff?
- Have you heard about Nash Grier’s brand-new app?
- If you have an inner 13-year-old fan girl wanting to claw her way out in a grammatically perfect way, then this might be the job for you.
This magazine needs someone who:
- Can spot celebrity trends and gossip and spin them into tales perfect for this demographic.
- Writes clever, funny, and dramatic with a special understanding of teens.
- Generates tons of ideas for quizzes, features, and columns.
- Knows the acts featured in Tiger Beat.
- Has conducted interviews.
- Has a B.A. in journalism, writing, communications, or a similar area.
- Has 1-3 years of writing and reporting experience. Bonus points if you’ve worked for a teen mag.
- Knows social media.
In your cover letter tell us why you are the perfect candidate. Include resume and at least three writing samples as PDFs. Be ready for an in-person or Skype interview.
For more about this opportunity, check out the full listing here.
July 20, 2015
Market Seeking Writers: Tiger Beat
Leave a Comment »
No comments yet.