I have almost 400 publishing credits, including children’s nonfiction. My work has appeared in Ladybug, READ, Young Equestrian Magazine, Education.com, numerous Gryphon House collections, Children’s Writer newsletter, Children’s Writer’s and Illustrator’s Market, Writer’s Digest and The Writer’s Guide, as well as testing packages for Harcourt and Houghton Mifflin.
What this means is that throughout 2013, I will be working with one writer on his or her nonfiction. To be eligible this writer must:
- Be an SCBWI Member.
- Reside in the Missouri Region.
- Be unpublished in children’s nonfiction.
The hardest part will be picking someone out. All applications will be screened by a panel of judges. Then I’ll get the top 3 and have to pick from among them. Whew. That’s going to be tough.
Applications should be sent as attachments to LynneaAnnette@gmail.com. Include:
- A personal statement of 200-300 words with your writing habits, your writing goals, and a good sense of your writing persona.
- The first 10 pages of your nonfiction manuscript.
- Deadline: August 30, 2011
Encourage the SCBWI Missouri members you know to apply. I’m really looking forward to helping someone work up a fantastic manuscript.