- Beaton, M.C. There Goes the Bride.
- Carl, Lillian Stewart. The Burning Glass.
- Carl, Lillian Stewart. The Murder Hole (Wildside Press).
- Hansen, Amy S. Bugs and Bugsicles (Boyds Mills Press)
- Jackson, Joshilyn. A Grown-Up Kind of Pretty (Grand Central Publishing)
- Kleypas, Lisa. Rainshadow Road.
- MacLachlan, Patricia. Waiting for the Magic (Atheneum Books for Young Readers)
- Reich, Susanna. Minette’s Feast (Abrams Books for Young Readers)
- Polacco, Patricia. In Our Mothers’ House (Philomel)
- Polacco, Patricia. Thank You, Mr. Falker (Philomel)
- Tatlock, Ann. Promises to Keep (Bethany House)
Here’s my reading list for June. Do you notice something about it compared to May? It’s a lot shorter. That’s what happens in the summer when I’m busy working and being a swim team mom both. Back when I was a kid, I got scads of reading done in the summer. Now, I actually read less than during the rest of the year. But I still manage to fit it in. Why? Because I’m a writer and writers need to read.
If you’re super busy like I am, try audio books. I won’t listen to them when I’m in heavy traffic but I do listen to them on long road trips. I listen while I do the dishes and fold laundry. Right now I’m crocheting a baby gift. Can you guess what I do while I crochet.
Check out your library’s collection of audiobooks. If you’re as busy as I am, it may be the best way to work some literature into your day.