Some of my goals have been rearranged for me. One of the editors I’ve been courting is leaving publishing so the manuscript she suggested I work on has been de-prioritized. I still plan to write it — I pitched it to her because I really like the idea. But other things are scooting up the priority list since I no longer have an editor waiting for this particular piece.
I also had another contract come along so that switches things around a bit but in a very good way.
Here are my goals:
- 5 posts for One Writer’s Journey. In progress.
- 2 reviews on the Bookshelf. Done.
- 1 post for PrayPower. Done.
- Write my posts for the Church blog. Done.
Goals with Deadlines (some are my deadlines, some are my editors’ deadlines):
- Rewrite the piece that I’m working on for an educational publisher. My deadline: 4/27. Done.
- Work on the middle grade. I want to have the first chapter done for critique at the retreat. Deadline: 4/27. Done.
- Rough out the activities for Education.com. Deadline: 5/8 Done.
- Write next piece for the Muffin, the WOW blog. Deadline: 5/11 (will be posted 5/12). In progress.
- Solicit my last interviews for the next CW article in my rotation. Deadline: 5/15. In progress.
- Solicit interviews for the CW piece after that. Deadline: 6/15.
- Get a fiction picture book back out.
- Get a nonfiction picture book back out.
- Get a chapter book back out.
- Rewrite and submit a leveled reader.
- Do some more research on my next nonfiction picture book.
- Get an essay on writing back out.
- Rewrite the picture book I had critiqued.
- Do some more work on a PiBoIdMo idea.
- Work on my agent research.
- Rough submissions for Blue Mountain cards.
- Keep working on my web site.