Deadlines and rewrite requests do amazing things for your word count. Last week I didn’t quite make my goal (6000 words/week). This week I surpassed it with 8934 words. That’s a whole lot of blog posts and two articles. Yes, I worked on my middle grade novel but didn’t count that on this weeks word count. I’ll count it when the chapter is done.
What are my goals for this week?
- 5 posts for One Writer’s Journey. Done.
- 2 reviews on the Bookshelf. Done.
- 1 post for PrayPower. Done.
- Write my posts for the Church blog. Done.
Goals with Deadlines (some are my deadlines, some are my editors’ deadlines):
- Rewrite the piece that I’m working on for an educational publisher. My deadline: 4/20. In progress.
- Solicit my last interviews for the next CW article in my rotation. Deadline: 5/15. In progress.
- Write the interview questions and start soliciting interviews for the CW piece after that. Deadline: 6/15.
- Get a picture book back out.
- Rewrite and submit a leveled reader.
- Do some more research on my next nonfiction picture book.
- Get an essay on writing back out.
- Rewrite the picture book I had critiqued.
- Do some more work on a PiBoIdMo idea.
- Work on my agent research.
- Rough submissions for Blue Mountain cards.
- Keep working on my web site.
- Work on the middle grade. Go over the Plot Whisperer notes that I originally made. Also story board the manuscript.