I didn’t manage to get quite as much written last week as I had hoped for two reasons. I spent a lot of time soliciting and gathering interviews for one. Second? “What do you mean your off school Friday?” Somehow, I missed the fact that they had Good Friday off. Ah, well. I’m getting really good at Conduit 2.
In spite of it all I managed to pull down 5427 words. Not too shabby but I wish I had managed a bit more than that.
This week I’m going to be working on how-tos and I really want to see how far I can get on my middle grade rewrite. I printed the manuscript out last Thursday. Today I’ll give it a quick read and add notes and comments re: what to fix, add, change, etc.
- 5 posts for One Writer’s Journey.
- 2 reviews on the Bookshelf. Done.
- 1 post for PrayPower. Done.
- Write my posts for the Church blog. Done.
Goals with Deadlines (some are my deadlines, some are my editors’ deadlines):
- Rewrite CW piece with some recommendations from my editor. Deadline: 4/13. Done!
- Keep track of interviews for the next CW article in my rotation, write and submit article. Deadline: 4/15. In progress.
- Solicit interview for the CW piece after that. Deadline: 5/15. In progress.
- Blog post for the Muffin. Deadline: 4/28. (Publication date: 4/29) Done.
- Get a picture book back out.
- Rewrite and submit a leveled reader.
- Do some more research on my next nonfiction picture book.
- Get an essay on writing back out.
- Rewrite the picture book I had critiqued.
- Do some more work on a PiBoIdMo idea.
- Work on my agent research.
- Rough submissions for Blue Mountain cards.
- Keep working on my web site.
- Work on the middle grade. Go over the Plot Whisperer notes that I originally made. Also story board the manuscript. In progress.