Deadlines are amazing things when it comes to word count. How do I know? With deadlines last Wednesday and today and critique group (get those 20 pages done) this weekend, I did amazing things. How amazing? 8317 words. Pretty good!
I have deadlines again — today and March 4th. So lets see what that means for this week.
- 5 posts for One Writer’s Journey. Done!
- 2 reviews on the Bookshelf. Done!
- 1 post for PrayPower. Done!
- Write my posts for the Church blog. Done!
Goals with Deadlines (some are my deadlines, some are my editors’ deadlines):
- Make one more pass through and submit my next article for WOW. Deadline: 2/27. Done!
- Read and digest the comments from my reluctant reader editor and come up with a new pitch. Deadline: 3/2. Done!
- Write my next Muffin post. Deadline: 3/4. Done!
- I got comments from my critique group, now I need to rewrite the YA pages that I’m going to workshop at a retreat this spring. Deadline: 3/10.
- Solicit interviews for my next CW article. Deadline: 3/15. In progress.
- Write the interview questions for the 2nd CW article in my rotation. Due: 4/15. Done.
- Pull together a pitch for Education.com.
- Rewrite and submit a leveled reader.
- Start researching my next nonfiction picture book.
- Get an essay on writing back out.
- Rewrite the picture book I had critiqued.
- Do some more work on a PiBoIdMo idea.
- Work on my agent research.
- Rough submissions for Blue Mountain cards.
- Keep working on my web site.
- Work on the middle grade. Go over the Plot Whisperer notes that I originally made. Also story board the manuscript.