Not my best week last week. Of course, a big part of that involved bed rest. Blah. My son shared his virus. I haven’t been sick like that in well over a year — the kind where you stay in bed because you have no choice. Still, I did emerge on Wednesday and managed to get a little bit done — only 3808 words this week. Well below my 6000 word goal. Ah, well.
But I did manage to keep my blog going throughout the week. How? By using the Scheduling feature. I had to start doing this for the Muffin and expanded it to my own personal goal. When I write a post, instead of publishing it, I can schedule it to post at some date in the future. Very, very useful.
I’ve got a lot almost done so I should be able to check some of my goals off in fairly short order this week.
Weekly Goals (these are my must-dos for the week):
- 5 posts for One Writer’s Journey. Done!
- 1 review on the Bookshelf. Done!
- 1 post for PrayPower. Done!
- Write my posts for the Church blog. Done!
Goals with Deadlines:
- Pitch to WOW! Deadline: 2/15 In progress.
- Write my next Muffin post. Deadline: 2/18. In progress.
- Write and submit 11 activities for Education.com. Deadline: 2/22.
- Rough my next article for WOW. This will help me ping people with pertinent questions. Deadline: 2/27.
- Come up with interview questions and solicit interviews for my next CW article. Deadline: 3/15.
- *Pitch some ideas to a nonfiction editor. Done!
- *Finish the cookbook proposal and get it out. Done!
- Get an essay on writing back out.
- Rewrite the picture book I had critiqued.
- Do some more work on a PiBoIdMo idea.
- Work on my agent research.
- Rough submissions for Blue Mountain cards.
- Keep working on my web site.
- Work up some ideas for leveled readers.
- Work on the middle grade. Go over the Plot Whisperer notes that I originally made.
- Pull out the YA that I’m going to workshop at a retreat this spring.