What have you been reading lately? I hope that you all realize that if you plan to write for kids, you need to read what’s being published today. You need to read what kids are choosing as well as what is winning awards selected by adults. You need to read what’s stood the test of time — what did you love that’s still on the shelves today. Sound like a lot? You bet!
Here’s my reading for January. Hmm. It looked like more before I numbered it.
- Adler, David A. Cam Jansen and the Triceratops Pops Mystery.
- Bateman, Teresa. Fiona’s Luck.
- Bradley, Alan. The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie.
- Brockmann, Suzanne. The Defiant Hero.
- Feldmann, Jody. The Gollywhopper Games.
- Feldmann, Jody. The Seventh Level.
- Heos, Bridget. What to Expect when You’re Expecting Larvae: A Guide for Insect Parents (and Curious Kids)
- Johnson, Maureen. The Name of the Star.
- Marshall, Edward. Fox in Love.
- Marshall, Edward. Three by the Sea.
- McMullan, Kate. Pearl and Wagner: Two Good Friends.
- Packer, Ann. Swim Back to Me.
- Reynolds, Aaron. Metal Man.
- Rocco, John. Blackout.
- Rocco, John. Wolf! Wolf!
- Stephens, John. The Emerald Atlas.
What have you been reading?