I had this week’s posts all planned out and drafted when this came to my attention, but it couldn’t wait because the offer expires this Saturday (11/12). In the NaNoWriMo spirit, Writer’s Digest is giving away 7 of their how-to titles as e-books.
Don’t have an e-book reader? Don’t panic. You can get free Kindle reading apps here. I used the Windows PC version to take advantage of these offers.
But back to the books. Writer’s Digest is giving away e-book editions of:
- Write That Book Already! The Tough Love You Need to Get Published Now by Sam Barry and Kathi Kamen
- Getting the Words Right by Theodore A. Rees Cheney
- Hooked: Write Fiction that Grabs Readers at Page One by Les Edgerton
- How to Be a Writer: Building Your Creative Skills Through Practice and Play by Barbara Baig
- Story Structure Architect by Victoria Lynn Schmidt
- The Complete Guide to Self-Publishing, 5th edition, by Marilyn Ross and Sue Collier
- The Complete Handbook of Novel Writing, 2nd edition, by the Editors of Writer’s Digest
I have, of course, downloaded a copy of each. Why is Writer’s Digest giving them away? IMO (not at all humble) they hope you will fall in love with one of these books and want to buy a print copy.
Available e-book version include:
- Sony eReader