Something I’ve noticed about publicly posting my goals is that I don’t always update the list as I finish things. Early in the week, I’m a champion. Later on, not so much. This means that although last weeks list may not reflect this fact, I made progress on each and every item. Wahoo! And worked on two things that weren’t on the list at all. Yay, me! How I did this and pulled down only 5704 words instead of my 6000 word goal is something of a mystery, but there you have it.
Among other things, this productivity brought in two new assignments so my to-do list this week looks something like this:
My goals for the week are:
- 5 posts for One Writer’s Journey. Done!
- Post a review on the Bookshelf. Done!
- 1 post for PrayPower. Done!
- Write my post for the Church blog. Done.
- Brainstorm some new writing ideas. In progress.
- Rewrite chapter one and write chapter two on my middle grade.
- Work on a new pitch for Writer’s Digest. In progress.
- Solicit more interviews for my next CW piece. In progress.
- Start my next piece for WOW. In progress.
- Work on a guest blog post I was asked to do. In progress.
- Pull out two manuscripts and decide which one to rework for critique.
- Decide on applying for two educational writing gigs. If “yes,” apply. If “no” . . . that should be kind of obvious, yes? Done.