Well, I didn’t get much checked off my list but I did manage to write 7273 words last week. My son was sick two days and shared with me. I spent part of Thursday watching tv with him and playing games. Friday, I beached on the sofa and read two novels. Then on Friday evening a tornado hit two miles away. I wonder how many times an editor has had that excuse — I would have finished my article, but we had a tornado.
This week my goals are:
- Cut 100 words and submit my next CW article. Done!
- Get one more interview, do the reading and wrap up my Writer’s Guide article. In progress.
- Do the background research and approach the subject for a CW profile. In progress.
- Watch some more Plot Whisperer videos. I’m doing this to help me finish outlining the plot for my middle grade. Yeah, I know. It sounds like an excuse, but even video #1 gave me some serious insight into my plot. In progress.
- 5 posts for One Writer’s Journey. Done!
- Post 2 reviews on the Bookshelf. I didn’t get one done last week so I want to do an extra this week. In progress.
- 1 post for PrayPower. Done!
- 1 post for the Church blog. Done!
- Brainstorm new ideas for Writer’s Digest. I worked on one idea last week but am kind of ho hum about it. Need a better idea.
- Brainstorm new ideas for Education.com. In progress.
- Finish how-to chapter.
- Clean up more in my office. In progress.
- Work some more on my nonfiction picture book rewrite.
- Play around with my new picture book idea which will require doing some research.
- Script rewrites if any more are requested. Done!