Last week I managed to accomplish a fair amount — 6217 words/week. Not too shabby. I wrote a new chapter for the middle grade, got a bunch of scripts back to my editor, and have the article for Writer’s Digest all but ready to go.
Having this much out means that there is always the chance of hearing back — possibly from a large number of people in one day. One day last week, I got a 6 article assignment from one of my regular editors. The next day, I got two rejections, including one from an agent, and an acceptance on my column pitch. All in all, I’m calling it a good day!
My goals for this week are:
- See if one of my long time editors is ready for another pitch (Done!).
- Start my next CW article (in progress).
- Script rewrites (Done!).
- Submit article for Writer’s Digest (Done!).
- Make changes to next issue of Mo Scribbles and get it posted (Done!).
- Add two chapters to my middle grade (Done!).
- Do some more market research. I found potential markets for a my chapter book and need to narrow it down. I also have a picture book to get back out there.
- 5 posts for One Writer’s Journey (Done!).
- 1 post/reviews for the Bookshelf (Done!).
- 1 post for PrayPower (Done!).
- 1 blog post for Church (Done!).
- Finish how-to chapter.
- Clean up more in my office. I’m loving the changes in here! (in progress)
- Brainstorm some new ideas (Done!).
- Start rewriting nonfiction picture book for next critique group meeting.
Hope your own goals are coming along!