I don’t know if last week was just an extremely productive week (this happens when you have numerous deadlines throughout the week) or if the posted goals are helping. I think it is a little of both — having them printed out and posted above my desk puts them “in mind” at all times. The result? 9428 words. Among other things:
- I wrote cover letters and got two book manuscripts out (2 toward my annual goal of 6).
- I finished 7 video scripts.
- I wrote my blogs.
- I finished and submitted an article for Children’s Writer.
This week I’ve again posted my goals above the desk. I have a lot to do that involves reading and other nonwriting tasks so I’ll be interested to see how my word count fairs. This week, I plan to:
- Write my blog and several prayers for Prayables.com.
- Work on my other blogs.
- Start my next Children’s Writer article.
- Work on two picture books, one of which may be ready to submit at the end of the week.
- Work on one or two queries (The Writer and Writer’s Digest).
- Start making the formatting changes requested for a freelance job.
- Start noodling over the web site redesign.
I hope that everyone else is having a good writing week too!