Hurray! One of the great things about writing for the Web is that things can be “in print” in just a few weeks after you turn them in. Here are some of the pieces I just wrote for Education.com:
- “Plant a Pizza-themed Herb Garden” is a container gardening project.
- “Craft a CD Curtain” is a recycling project that makes a use for dozens of those freebie cd’s.
- “Make Critter Dice” encourages imaginative play in preschoolers.
- In “Make a Desktop Desert Terrarium,” I reuse a small glass bowl and some of my own cactus collection.
- For “Plant an Insectivorous Terrarium,” I needed some help form the experts (something I will write up tomorrow).
- “Make a Summer Fun Compass” helps introduce map skills and travel planning.
I took the photos as well as doing the write ups — this is one of those markets that requires some simple photography. If you’re capable, it is a great way to get your work out where people, including editors, can find it. You’ll also earn a check in the process.