I feel like I did a bit better on my goals this past week. They were:
- Write the first interview based article. I wrote and submitted this article.
- Gather interviews for the second and do some of the other research. The last interview should be done Monday.
- Write the interview questions and start gathering interviews for the third.
- Write the book review round up. I’ll rewrite this and submit it Monday.
- Make my next craft pitch. Started but it grew on me (read below).
- Work on one of my talks. Outline done.
- I also rewrote one of the picture books and got some helpful feedback on it.
I had some successes last week, one of which will impact my goals. Gryphon House accepted 7 of my activities for one of their series. The pieces will appear in three books that will come out next summer/fall.
I also got editorial feedback on the activity that I submitted about two weeks ago. The editor asked me to submit a specific number of ideas for additional projects. This job got much bigger.
My goals for this week are:
- Come up with the list of activity ideas that the editor asked me to do.
- Write the second interview based article.
- Get the interviews going for the third.
- Write my first talk.
- Outline my second talk.
Maybe, just maybe, I can accomplish more than that but this is what I’m going to start with. Fingers crossed!