It really isn’t a great secret — there is a wealth of information online if only you know where to find it. A great source of folklore and texts from various belief systems is the Internet Sacred Text Archive.
Some of the treasures I found include:
- The Book of Filial Duty by Ivan Chen, 1908
- Myths and Legends of Our Land by Charles F. Skinner, 1896
- Coffee in the Gourd: A Collection of Texas Folklore by J. Frank Dobie, 1923
- Vindication of the Rights of Woman by Mary Wolstonecraft, 1792
- The Woman’s Bible by Elizabeth Cady Stanton, 1895
Why not see what you can turn up?